Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Temporary" Clutter Area not so Temporary! OOPS!

For several months, sticking to my slim intentions -- making healthy choices for food and doing my preferred, Lead Element related exercise, has been a bit of a struggle. You might think that is contrary to the essence of my book's premise -- changes in your home helps you become and BE slim. Actually, it accurately reflects that premise!

The Metal Area of my home is primarily in my Office Closet. It's a large walk-in closet intended for dual Master Suite bedroom. I'm using that room for my Office. The Office Closet is my "designated temporary clutter area." It's where stuff gets stashed when I'm in a hurry to straighten up the house. The key word is temporary.

Over the past 5 years, since I discovered the Slim Principles in my book, Slim House Slim Body, it has been easy to keep this room mostly straightened -- which supported my staying slim beautifully. The 25 pounds I let go of stayed gone.

Over the last several months, though, stuff had accumulated to stagnating proportions in this Metal Area and about 10 of those pounds sneaked back for a visit.

Last weekend, I took the time to do some clearing in the Metal Area/Office Closet. Three hours' attention made a huge difference. While it is not completely cleared out, the immediate feeling of heaviness is gone from the room.

I feel like I immediately let go of five pounds! Which, of course, didn't actually happen. What DID happen immediately: It is no longer a struggle to make yummy, healthy food choices and to take my swims. It's easy and fun! It's just three days later and already I'm three pounds closer to my desired weight!

I am delighted but not surprised at the results. What does amaze me is that I let the temporary status of the temporary clutter area change to semi-permanent. A reminder to walk my talk!

Do you know where the Metal Area of your home is? If you'd like to be sure, I'm happy to do an "Ask Kathleen" session for you. Fax (760.779.9073) or email a sketch or scale drawing of your floor plan. I'll apply the feng shui grid or bagua to it and email it back to you. Then, we'll have a teleconference to discuss:
    Does the Metal Area of your home support your slim desires?
    What, specifically, can you do to enhance that area?
Learn more about the importance and benefits of Metal Energy to your fitness goals from my book and/or come to the class next month in La Quinta, CA. Register for La Quinta U(niversity) at www.justsignmeup.com!

Copyright © 2009 Kathleen Tumpane. All rights reserved.

WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE?

You can, as long as you include the copyright and this blurb with it:

Feng Shui Designer, Teacher, and Coach, Kathleen Tumpane ASID, is the author of Slim House Slim Body; How to use Intentional Design to become and be slim. Visit her Slim Blog at http://www.slimhouseslimbody.com for articles, tips, and news of teleclasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment