Friday, October 8, 2010

Path of Slim Sanity, Part 1

Part of the view from my chair
I'm currently reading Women, Food, & God by Geneen Roth.  After seeing Geneen's recent appearance on Oprah, I have become filled with the hope of being completely free of the swing of the weight pendulum.  Take Geneen's concepts, add in feng shui for slimness -- that's a recipe for a life of sanity around food.  Yay!

I've only read about 3 chapters, so far, and already I am feeling more sanity around food.

I have to laugh at myself, though. 
  • I just very carefully selected what I was hungry for breakfast-wise. (Geneen) 
  • I placed a medium-sized portion on a pretty plate the size of which made the portion feel ample. (feng shui).  
  • I chose my favorite cutlery.  (feng shui) 
  • Found a throw to wrap around my legs; it's a little chilly for alfresco dining here in Lake Oswego, OR this morning.  (feng shui)
  • I settled down in a comfy chair on my lovely patio to have breakfast with the garden, birds, and squirrels.  (Geneen & feng shui)
My  Patio
And then managed to eat it all barely noticing how delicious it was, barely noticed the garden, the birds, or the squirrels, my mind was so busy. (Not Geneen, Not feng shui)

Personally, I find that hilarious.  Also, insightful.  It's good to know that however careful the preparation may be, one must continue to be careful to Stay Present with Every Morsel.

I imagine, I dream, the days will come when staying present with food will be more the norm, a healthy habit.  Currently, though, I'm choosing to be amused by this Lesson in Absence.

How about you?

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful Kathleen! How alike we all are! As an IA practitioner I wanted to read more about your dilemma so thank you for directing us here! Good luck! xo

    ReplyDelete